|Sensor Model||G2xxx, G3xxx|
|Firmware version||5.x, 6.x|
How do you rescue a sensor using kRescue?
The GDK package contains a kRescue.exe application under the bin/win64 folder. Using this application you can rescue the sensor and set back the IP address by following next steps.
- Power down the sensor
- Connect the sensor directly to one of the network adapters of the pc
- Set the IP address from this adapter to 192.168.1.xxx with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
- Open the command prompt and start the kRescue.exe
- Power up the sensor
- Run the kDiscovery application from the utilities package. The sensor should now be discovered at 192.168.1.10
- Close the kRescue application
- Enter in kDiscovery the IP address you want for the sensor and click "Set Address"
The sensor will now reset itself and comes alive again with the adjusted address.