Why can't GenTL-compliant third-party software such as HALCON or Common Vision Box detect Gocator after the GenTL driver has been set up?
|Firmware Version||3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x|
|SDK Version||3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x|
After making sure all the steps are followed from the Gocator user manual on installing GenTL driver, ensure the correct firmware version of the Gocator and the correct version of the GenTL is installed. Restarting Windows might be required for the new system environment variable to take effect.
- Firmware and GenTL drivers are on the same version?
- GENICAM_GENTL32_PATH and GENICAM_GENTL64_PATH environment variables are set to the proper folders?
- In Halcon, does the Assistant detect the Gocator sensor?
- Is the Gocator on the same subnet as one of the NICs (same network, and not through a router)?
- Is the Firewall on the PC set to off?
- In the Gocator UI, in the Output tab, in the Ethernet section, the Gocator protocol is selected, with the Top surface checked.