Why is the sensor not working?
If the sensor is not working, try the following:
- Make sure that the USB cable is connected securely. It may also be necessary to connect to a different USB port.
- When using Kinect, make sure that the power adapter is plugged into an electrical outlet. The Kinect is working when the LED light flashes green.
- In some rare cases, the driver installation may have failed. If this happens, go to the Windows Control Panel, and then go to the Uninstall section of the Programs and Features option. Uninstall KScan3D as well as any OpenNI or PrimeSense drivers. Also make sure that there are no other Kinect drivers installed (such as the Kinect for Windows SDK/driver).
- You may need to enable Windows Update driver installation, as disabling this feature has been known to cause some issues with the PrimeSense drivers. To make sure it is enabled, do the following:
- Click the Start button, and click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your PC.
It should be called something like USER-PC.
- Select the Device installation settings option from the list.
- In the dialog that appears, do one of the following:
- If the Yes, do this automatically (recommended) option is not selected, select it and click Save Changes.
- If the option is already selected, click Cancel to close the dialog.
- Reinstall KScan3D and reboot the computer.
Windows should now detect the sensor and install the proper drivers for use with KScan3D.