Why doesn't kDiscovery detect the sensor?
|Firmware Version||3.x, 4.x
For kDiscovery to discover a sensor, the following 2 conditions must be met:
1. The sensor must be powered on. If the sensor is successfully powered on, then the POWER indicator will be permanently ON, color blue
2. The sensor's ethernet connector must be plugged into the same Ethernet network switch/hub that the configuration PC is also connected to
If those 2 conditions are true, then the most likely culprit for kDiscovery not "seeing" a sensor is the PC's firewall. Try one of the following resolutions to properly detect all sensors.
1. Turn all system firewall domains OFF. This could include Public, Private, or Guest firewall domains
2. If you cannot turn off the firewall entirely, allow the kDiscovery.exe utility through the firewall as an exception. For instructions on how to do this, please reference the YouTube video here
3. Have your IT whitelist the application
4. Run kDiscovery.exe as an Administrator
Any of the final resolutions may require you to involve the IT team if you do not have any administrator priveleges.