|Sensor Model||G2xxx, G3xxx|
|Firmware Version||5.x, 6.x|
Utilizing the GDK you can develop your own customized tool. This tool becomes part of the built-in tool collection and can be compiled to operate within the sensor's firmware or on a pc when using the emulator / accelerator. This article outlines the necessary procedures to ensure a proper compilation of our GDK samples.
- GDK package from the LMI website.
- Pre-requisites 5.0, 6.0 from:
- Visual Studio 2022
- Python 3.4 or later
Installing the tools
- GDK package installation: Unzip the file "14524-x.x.x.x_SOFTWARE_GDK.zip" and place the contents in a folder on the C drive.
Pre-requisites 5.0 installation: Extract "14525_5.0_SOFTWARE_GDK_Prerequisites.zip" to a temporary folder.
- Install the ti BIOS (bios_setupwin32_6_42_03_35.exe) into its default folder (C:\ti)
- Install the ti tools (ti_cgt_c6000_7.4.13_windows_installer.exe) into its default folder (C:\ti)
- Install GccArm7_4.9.4-p23_55732ba7 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccArm8_4.9.4-p13)
- Install GccArm8_4.9.4-p13_8758 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccArm8_4.9.4-p13)
- Install GccC64x_4.9.4-p23_55732ba7 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccC64x_4.9.4-p23)
- Install GccX64_4.9.4-p23_55732ba7 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccX64_4.9.4-p23)
- Install GccX86_64_4.9.4-p13_8758 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccX86_64_4.9.4-p13)
Pre-requisites 6.0 installation: The 6.0 pre-requisites are intended to be used with the 6.2 and later firmware. In that case extract "14525_6.0_SOFTWARE_GDK_Prerequisites.zip" and additionally install the next GCC tools:
- Install GccArm7_7.5.0-p3_c3392ea9 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccArm7_7.5.0-p3)
- Install GccArm64_7.5.0-p3_c3392ea9 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccArm64_7.5.0-p3)
- Install GccX64_7.5.0-p3_c3392ea9 into its default folder (C:\tools\GccX64_7.5.0-p3)
Visual Studio 2022 Installation: Make sure to select at least the following options from the "Workloads" tab:
- Windows-->Desktop development with C++
- Python Installation: Enable the "Add python.exe to PATH" feature before starting the installation.
Testing the installation
Verifying the installation can be achieved by using the GDK package's included samples located within the GdkAppSample directory. To confirm the installation's success, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Gdk.sln file (found in ...\14524-220.127.116.11_SOFTWARE_GDK\Gocator) and open it using Visual Studio.
- Compile the solution for the following configurations:
- Debug, win32
- Debug, X64
- Release, Win32
- Release, X64
- Release, Sensor
It is expected that the compilation process should succeed across all of these configurations.